Coordinator Roads Maintenance |
Tablelands Regional Council | Atherton, North Qld
- Lead a large team and improve performance and capability
- Plan and deliver road maintenance activities
- Manage budgets, contractors and project delivery
Tablelands Regional Council is seeking an experienced civil maintenance professional to lead the planning and delivery of works programs for the council's roads and drainage assets.
The Coordinator Roads Maintenance leads a large operational team that improves the Tablelands community's safety and wellbeing through programmed maintenance and upgrades of the region's roads and drainage assets.
- Develop and deliver the annual roads maintenance program of work
- Lead a program of change focused on planning, safety, customer service and team capability development
- Promote continuous improvements and best practice delivery of maintenance projects
- Apply strong project management discipline to manage road maintenance projects
- Build positive working relationships with staff, contractors and external stakeholders.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Certificate III in Civil/Frontline Management/Traffic Management or equivalent (desirable)
- High-level technical knowledge in roads maintenance including bridges and drainage infrastructure
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop a team and achieve the program of work
- Excellent customer service, communication and negotiation skills to influence outcomes and manage stakeholders
- Experience in system improvements, safety management, road works programs, project budgeting and scheduling.
Council is offering an excellent package including five weeks annual leave, up to 12% superannuation, salary sacrifice options, and professional development. The Atherton Tablelands is renowned as an outdoor recreation destination with its mountains, wide-open spaces and a refreshing tropical climate which is ideal for camping, horse riding, bushwalking, waterskiing, sailing, fishing and cycling.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5 pm Monday 21 March 2022.