- Lead and coordinate a team who play a key role in the sustainability and economic growth of the Lockyer Valley Region
- Bring innovation and technical expertise in the delivery of strategic planning and regional economic development strategies
The Coordinator Policy and Growth provides technical expertise and leads Lockyer Valley Regional Council's planning and policy team for strategic land use planning, economic development and environmental and strategic engineering.
The Coordinator Policy and Growth is a key leadership role to develop and lead a team with a customer service focus and contribute to the sustainable future of the region. The successful candidate will have strong strategic planning capabilities and a sound knowledge of economic development functions as they relate to a local government entity.
Opportunities and Challenges:
- Lead and develop a diverse team of planning, engineering and project professionals.
- Continue to develop and finalise the Lockyer Valley planning scheme to guide the strategic and sequential development of the region.
- Project manage the delivery of key projects that have significant positive economic impact for the region.
- Bring innovative solutions and work practices to the management of council's strategic policy and growth team.
Personal Attributes Required:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Urban and/or Regional Planning, Environment, Economic Development or Strategic Engineering (or relevant discipline), with extensive relevant experience. Demonstrated capabilities in strategic planning.
- Well-developed experience in leading, developing and mentoring a medium sized team in a similar work environment.
- Sound understanding of economic development practices and strategies as they apply to a local government organisation.
- Strong customer service focus that is concentrated on positive outcomes and service delivery.
- High level of professional knowledge in the land development industry.
- Professional level communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management, industry bodies and the community.
Council is offering a competitive salary package and flexible working conditions while working with an organisation that values its employees and provides excellent opportunities for personal growth.
Working and living in the Region
Nestled at the foot of the Great Dividing Range, the Lockyer Valley is home to not only farming and agriculture but also town and country living with top class restaurants, art galleries, stunning national parks and bushwalking trails. Renowned for tranquil rural settings, the Lockyer Valley is the ideal destination for people looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information pack for full details of this role and follow the instructions on how to apply.
For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600.
Applications close 5pm Monday 1 March 2021.