Coordinator Management Accounting | Central Highlands Regional Council | Emerald, Qld.
- Provide financial leadership and build team capability.
- Develop, improve and maintain accounting systems.
- Ensure accurate reporting of financials.
Take the next step in your career
Central Highlands Regional Council is seeking an experienced, professional and motivated individual with strong technical management accounting skills. As a valued member of the Finance Team, the Coordinator Management Accounting will be responsible for the coordination and development of Council's budgets, internal financial analysis and management reporting functions.
Developing strategic business partner relationships within the organization is a key focus of the role and by adding value through the provision of accurate, timely and insightful information.
The successful applicant will provide high levels of financial service advice to diverse and multi-faceted business units and will lead and develop others. As a dedicated professional, you will be part of the team focused on financial service delivery and contribute to a positive, collaborative organisational culture.
Opportunities and Challenges:
- Utilise your financial knowledge to improve processes and procedures
- Influence business decisions by providing robust budget analysis and recommendations
- Build positive and effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Mentor and lead a small team.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- Experience in a management accounting role within a diverse organisation
- A proven ability to interpret and apply accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Business, or equivalent fields
- Communication and report writing skills
- Advanced software and systems skills.
Central Highlands Shire is a vibrant regional area with a diverse economy and a prosperous future. Make this role your own, develop your career and contribute to the thriving community you live in.
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application. Applications close 5pm Friday 13 May 2022
If you are interested in joining a Finance Team who are responsible for driving positive change, then we'd like to hear from you.