Coordinator Libraries | Balonne Shire Council | St George, Qld
- Launch a state-of-the-art Library Hub
- Plan and manage library services, digital resources and activities
- Promote services, collections and events that foster community connection
Innovation and the latest technologies are centre stage of the new St George Library Hub. It's a state-of the-art facility that will connect the local community to education, business, technology, arts, and cultural activities like never before.
Balonne Shire Council is seeking an experienced and customer-focused Coordinator Libraries who is passionate about promoting the library as a community service hub where local people connect, interact, learn and explore. Reporting to the Manager Community Services, the Coordinator Libraries will manage the new Library Hub in St George, satellite libraries in the townships of Bollon, Hebel and Thallon and a library partnership in Dirranbandi. As the Coordinator Libraries, you will develop a strategic library services plan, supervise staff, trainees and volunteers and encourage a culture of customer service excellence. The Coordinator Libraries also promotes services, collections and events that encourage reading and e-learning and enhance social and community connection.
Qualifications, skills and attributes
- Tertiary qualification in Library and Information Management (Certificate III or above)
- Knowledge of current trends in a library and information environment
- Experience delivering contemporary and best practice library and information services
- Experience supervising in a public library or similar environment
- Collaborative, proactive and positive approach to change and continuous improvement.
If you are keen to join an enthusiastic team, coordinate programs that promote learning and social connection and contribute to the community you live in, this is the ideal role you have been waiting for.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 23 August 2021.