Sunshine Coast Council | Caloundra Qld
- Deliver a wide range of civil infrastructure projects
- Be part of building Australia's most sustainable region
- Join an award-winning project management team
Sunshine Coast Council is seeking two Construction Engineers to join their expanding and award-winning team delivering a wide variety of infrastructure projects that will shape the future of the Sunshine Coast region.
The Construction Engineer will deliver a wide variety of large-scale capital works projects including transport upgrades, expanding the Nambour Landfill, and coastal engineering projects.
- Project management of construction teams in the delivery of civil projects.
- Liaise with supervisors and field leaders to ensure efficient allocation of labour and plant resources.
- Demonstrate leadership in employee development, workplace health and safety, risk management, continuous improvement and quality systems.
- Ensure compliance with all Council standards and quality management for construction of infrastructure assets.
Qualifications, skills, and attributes
- Experience in the delivery of civil construction works with demonstrated ability to lead work crews and contractors.
- Proven ability to manage construction projects using well developed and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of WH&S and Environmental legislation, Advisory Standards and Industry Codes of Practice.
- Strong communication skills and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Qualifications in civil engineering.
The Sunshine Coast Council is an organisation that values its people and local communities. Council's vision is to be Australia's most sustainable region - Healthy, Smart, and Creative. The Council is at the forefront of delivering a number of game-changer projects that will see the region become a hub for innovation, entrepreneurship and creativity.
How to Apply:
Please download the Candidate Information Package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 12 July 2021.