Construction and Maintenance Supervisor - Balonne Shire Council
- Looking to take the next step in your Civil Construction career?
- Working for a progressive local government organisation and be supported in your career development?
- We would like to hear from you!
The Construction and Maintenance Supervisor is a key role within the Council's Infrastructure Services team and is responsible for supervising the construction and maintenance of Council's road and street works (including drainage) by Council's day labour workforce and sub-contractors. You will manage your work group with a focus on safety, operational compliance and work quality.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Key Duties and Opportunities
- Become an integral member of the Balonne Shire Council work force in a supervisory role.
- Ability to advance your career within a respected organisation.
- Assist in planning, managing and providing leadership, including coordination of operations and performance.
- Project management.
- Planning and prioritising work.
- Gaining an understanding of budgets.
- Ability to multi task - varied and different projects.
- Continue to develop a strong safety culture.
- Working a 19-day month.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Experience in a similar role or demonstrated desire to advance your capabilities to a supervisory level;
- Qualifications relevant to the role - very desirable (Cert IV Civil Construction);
- A good understanding of Asset Management processes (very desirable);
- Demonstrated experience in leading a positive safety culture;
- Project management;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities;
- High level of customer service and communication skills;
- Competency in Microsoft office applications;
- Previous experience utilising Reflect technology (or similar) very desirable;
- C Class open, manual driver's license; and
- Construction Industry Safety induction (White card).
Council is offering professional stimulation, growth and opportunity, and an industry competitive remuneration package that includes the use of a fully maintained vehicle for commuter use, in addition to significant salary sacrificing and regional location benefits.
It is preferable that the successful applicant is willing to relocate to the local region.
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
The application period for this role closes on Monday 10 February 2020 at 5pm.