Community Mental Health and Wellbeing Officer
Tablelands Regional Council | Atherton, North Qld
- Facilitate community engagement with local mental health support services
- Improve communication, understanding and connection within the community
- Evaluate and coordinate volunteer-led programs
Lead and deliver a mental health and wellbeing program in North Queensland.
The Tablelands Regional Council is seeking a passionate Mental Health and Wellbeing Officer to engage with local community groups, implement programs that support social services and promote initiatives to enhance wellbeing and improve mental health in the community. The Community Mental Health and Wellbeing Officer will collaborate and build positive relationships with community members, families and service groups to increase support for people diagnosed with mental illness.
This is a Queensland Government funded partnership and a 16-month contract opportunity to collaborate with allied health practitioners, liaise with community members and make a difference in the lives of people living with mental health issues.
- Provide pathways for mentally ill people and their families to connect with the right health care provider
- Relationship and capacity building with local providers of social services
- Collaborate with health professionals who deliver mental health services
- Engage with community members and families to improve understanding of available social services
- Facilitate community outreach programs
- Research and seek external funding to implement programs
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in mental health, social planning, health promotions, social work and/or social sciences
- Interpersonal communication skills to liaise with diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience delivering mental health and wellbeing programs in a rural environment
- Experience implementing, evaluating and reporting on government funded programs
The Tablelands is renowned for its stunning landscapes and diversity, from world heritage rainforests and outback savannahs to rare tree-kangaroos, shy platypus and dancing brolgas. With its mountains, wide open spaces, and a refreshing tropical climate the Tablelands is ideal all year round for bushwalking, cycling, water-skiing, sailing, fishing and horse riding.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 2 August 2021.