Snowy Valleys Council seeks a future focused Chief Financial Officer to provide expert financial advice and lead the financial performance of the Council.
Reporting to the CEO, the CFO will be a leader in performance and culture change, transforming financial management in the organisation and providing expert advice in delivering Council's Operational and Corporate plans.
- Highly developed financial leadership, management and reporting capability
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading change in a local government context
- Experience of service level costing, budgets, grant management, reserve management and trust management
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Commercial experience of delivering services such as water, wastewater, waste, childcare, civil works services
- Experience of Technology One software is highly desirable
- Finance Qualifications
- CPA or CA Registration
Snowy Valleys Council
Snowy Valleys Council is a modern and well-connected Council with an operating budget of $56.7 million. With a dedicated workforce of more than 230 staff and two main administrative centres at Tumut and Tumbarumba, the council's key focus is to deliver outstanding local services that support strong and vibrant communities.
Working and Living in the Region
With a population of 14,935, Snowy Valleys covers an area of 8,960 square km in a beautiful natural environment ideally located between Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra. The National Snowy 2.0 project is a $5B local investment which will provide economic benefits and a range of exciting opportunities for jobs and clean renewable energy to the region. The diverse and vibrant local economy offers work prospects for partners and family in forestry, agriculture, health, education and tourism.
It's all about location and lifestyle - Snowy Valleys is renowned for its year-round festivals, rich cultural life, sporting events and recreational facilities for fishing, hiking and cycling or join the locals who ski in the morning and swim in the afternoon!
How to Apply