Chief Financial Officer - South East Queensland
- Provide strong leadership and mentoring to the finance team
- South East Queensland location
- Excellent rates, 3 months contract, immediate start
Leading Roles is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Chief Financial Officer.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CFO will provide high-level advice to the executive leadership team in strategic financial management, long term financial planning and modelling, service costs and benefits analysis, infrastructure spending and debt reduction.
The Chief Executive Officer will lead and manage a team of professional and administrative staff providing a diverse range of services, including:
- Effective management of revenue and accounts payable programs
- Provision of a high-quality management accounting function to all cost centre managers, ELT and the CEO
- Achieve strategic revenue objectives in relation to rating, budgets, expenditure, capital works, alternative revenue streams and debt reduction
- Contribute to managing risks and ensuring compliance with numerous statutory requirements
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- Tertiary qualifications in business, finance, or other relevant discipline and advanced qualifications in a management field would be highly desirable, as would certification as a CPA or Chartered Accountant
- Extensive experience at a senior level in local government or similar organisation
- Very strong experience and credibility in the leadership, development and management of a financial strategy
- Strong skills and expertise in financial management, reporting and accounting standards.
- Well-developed analyses, presentation, communication and representation skills, and the ability to take a broad perspective on matters and deal with ambiguity
How to Apply
Click Apply Now as the application period will close once a suitable applicant has been identified.