Chief Executive Officer | Livingstone Shire Council | Yeppoon
- Inspire and lead community development, economic growth and community satisfaction.
- Focus on organisational culture, organisational performance and sustainability
- Outstanding career and lifestyle opportunity in a stunning coastal location.
The Livingstone Shire Council is seeking its next Chief Executive Officer to lead the organisation and deliver upon the council's goals of creating a community that is "welcoming, connected and resilient with a relaxed community spirit, celebrated for its natural beauty, vibrant culture and thriving economy."
Livingstone Shire's Chief Executive will take leadership of an experienced, motivated and well-structured organisation and deliver upon the Mayor and Council's vision for the region.
Key Skills, Experience and Attributes Sought
- Experience of strategic and operational leadership of a complex local government enterprise with similar size, scope and challenges.
- The skills and experience in delivery of the strategy, operating framework and sustainably managed resources which will deliver service excellence to the communities of the Livingstone Shire.
- A professional skillset with a specific focus on financial and asset management, human resources management, governance, safety and risk management.
- Outstanding communication skills and the capability to build a shared sense of purpose, leading and engaging with consistency, humanity, integrity and trust.
The Mayor is highly experienced and has a clear understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the political and operational arms of the organisation. He leads a well-aligned council who are united in their passion and vision for the Livingstone Shire.
The Livingstone region in Central Queensland comprises coastal and rural areas along the Capricorn Coast and is home to more than 37,000 residents. The area has an abundance of natural features including picturesque national parks, pristine rainforests, sandy beaches and idyllic offshore islands, making it an ideal destination and place to live.
Please download the detailed Briefing Pack here. For a confidential discussion about your application, please contact Mark Ogston, Principal on 0407 674 412.
Applications will close at 5pm, Monday 16 November 2020.