Chief Executive Officer | MITEZ Inc | Mount Isa
- Promote sustainable growth and economic development from Mount Isa to Townsville
- Lead organisational strategy, targeting sustainability and performance
- Identify investment opportunities and foster new memberships
The Mount Isa to Townsville Economic Development Zone (MITEZ) is the peak regional development organisation for an area encompassing seven local government areas - Mount Isa, Cloncurry, McKinlay, Richmond, Flinders, Charters Towers and Townsville.
MITEZ is seeking an experienced Chief Executive to transform, lead and drive economic development opportunities for the MITEZ region. The CEO will build key relationships and commercial partnerships and deliver community-focused investment opportunities for the region MITEZ serves.
Key Skills, Experience and Attributes Sought
- Undergraduate qualifications in business, finance, economics, or similar (post-graduate qualifications will be highly regarded)
- Economic development, commercial engagement, business development and regional representation.
- Strategic and operational planning and previous experience working with a board of directors.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills and a 'connector/facilitator' mindset.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills and a personable, engaging communication style.
- Experience in leadership of membership-based organisations will be highly regarded.
The MITEZ region extends 920 kilometres inland from its most eastern point on the Great Barrier Reef, across North Queensland over the Great Dividing Range and across the outback of North West Queensland to the Northern Territory border. In total, the region covers approximately 16% of Queensland's land area. The MITEZ region is home to approximately 230,000 local residents. Strategically located, the region acts as a vital integrated transport corridor connecting the region and its extensive mineral and agricultural production to the rest of Queensland, Australia and internationally via road, rail, air and sea links.
Download the detailed Briefing Pack and apply for this role or contact Gemma Sheridan, Talent Consultant on 0407 009 243 for a confidential discussion about the role.
Applications will close at 5pm, Monday 1 March 2021