The Sunshine Coast Council has an excellent opportunity for a great people leader in property management of buildings and facilities assets in a local government context.
This is a full-time, four-year contract position.
The Buildings and Facilities Assets Manager provides great leadership to a multi-disciplined team in the delivery of buildings and facilities assets to both internal and external customers of Council.
The Council is seeking an engaged and inspirational leader for this group, who will engender a culture of high performance, cohesion in line with the corporate values and team activities to corporate goals.
The Manager will:
- Lead service excellence to the Property Management customers and stakeholders;
- Lead the development and implementation of an asset management strategy for all of Council's property assets;
- Manage the resources of the Buildings and Facilities team to deliver best practice management of Council's building and facility assets;
- Contribute to the guidance and leadership of Council's land tenure, community and commercial leasing arrangements; and
- Provide specialist advice and expertise to the Council's executive leadership team and elected members.
You will be a leader with proven experience leading high performing teams in the delivery of buildings and facility assets management.
- Tertiary qualifications in a property-related discipline and experience in the corporate and public sectors will be highly regarded.
- Strong back ground in managing buildings and facility assets. Skills in land management, tenure, commercial and community leasing and within the political context would be advantageous.
- Strong commercial acumen, high level business management skills and excellent written and presentation skills are essential in this role.
- The Council is seeking an engaged leader who has strong team development skills and a personal style that is highly inclusive, collaborative and service-driven.
Council's vision is to be Australia's most sustainable region - Healthy, Smart, and Creative. The Council is at the forefront of delivering a number of game-changer projects that will see the region become a hub for innovation, entrepreneurship and creativity, along with opportunities and a lifestyle for all to enjoy.
Applying for this Role
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600.
Closing date for Applications is Monday 8th October 2018 at 5pm.