Asset Technical Officer - Centralised Maintenance Planning
Whitsunday Regional Council, North Queensland
- Significant professional development opportunities
- Assisting the development of Council's Asset Data
- Develop and continuous update of Council's Maintenance Programs for Roads and Drainage infrastructure
- Permanent role in the beautiful Whitsundays
The Asset Technical Officer - Centralised Maintenance and Planning will play a key role in assisting the development and management of council's asset data to ensure sustainable governance and maintenance procedures for roads and drainage assets.
- Development of practices to improve the state of assets within the Roads and Drainage department.
- Work in a busy professional environment, where you will be supported by your manager in prioritising work projects and outputs.
- Live and work in the Whitsunday region.
- Permanent role, offering work / life balance, 9-day fortnight, 5 weeks annual leave
- Competitive remuneration package that includes up to 12% superannuation, professional development and relocation assistance.
Qualifications, skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated experience in a technical asset management systems role, ideally within Local Government or related entity.
- Experience in using asset data to support engineering and asset management decisions.
- Certificate in Asset Management Planning (or similar) recognised by IPWEA.
- Civil Engineering tertiary qualifications - Highly regarded.
Living in the Region
Whitsundays is not only Australia's most dreamed-about tropical destination, it's a place where people love to work, live, visit and play. It's home to pristine rainforests, spectacular national parks, secluded inlets and white sandy beaches. Whitsundays - your very own slice of paradise, all year round!
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 14th February 2022.