Tablelands Regional Council - Accountant
The Tablelands Regional Council is seeking an Accountant, who will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the Council's financial accounting operations.
The Accountant will provide expert advice in all aspects of financial accounting and work in collaboration with members of the organisation ensuring Australian Accounting Standards and Queensland Local Government Act's and Regulations are adhered to.
The key responsibilities include;
- Preparation of financial reports in relation to trust, grant, subsidies and other statutory and statistical returns.
- Supervise and administer the treasury function and liaise with officers from other departments.
- Participate in business review and system optimisation.
Essential Qualifications and Experience;
- Relevant tertiary qualification within the discipline of Accounting/Finance
- Minimum 2 to 3 years' experience in a financial accounting position.
- Experience in the interpretation of legislation and accounting standards.
The Tablelands Regional Council services a community of 25,000 and is located in Atherton, in Queensland.
Located in Far North Queensland, about 100 kilometres west of Cairns International Airport, the Tablelands region has good road networks with endless opportunities to explore, year-round great climate, rich history, new world-class infrastructure, an assortment of accommodation options and friendly hospitality - making it a great place to live and raise a family.
For further information, download the Information Pack for this role from www.leadingroles.com.au/job-search/ or contact Kelly-Ann Lynch at Leading Roles on 0425 343 293.
The application period will close at 9am Friday 18th May, 2018